Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Cedar

I had a baby boy on November 19th. I can't think of a great way to describe how awesome it is to have a son. Mostly I feel the same as before, just better. I get this incredible sense that I have so much to look forward to.

Adrienne and I had this idea that we would take at least one picture of Cedar on an adventure of some sort every weekend. This will serve as a memory book both of Cedar growing up and as an excuse to get out and have fun. Well so far it has been tough because as it turns out having a kid requires ample recovery time for mom. Last weekend we brought Cedar out to Lost Horse to get a Christmas tree. It was a real test for me because there was definitely deep powder skiing to be had farther up the canyon. I was minimally grumpy at first but that changed quickly with a few snowballs and general wonder at the beauty of falling snow. Cedar does very well outside. We have been on a number of walks in cold temps. He doesn't seem to mind the cold on his face. In fact he seems very much at peace, even when splattered with the sharp wetness of collateral snowball debris. I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment