Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Walking

Sunday Feb 16

Meet up with Andrew for our second day skiing together and somewhat of a rebutle for a moderate day up at Gash earlier this season. We skied three perfect tree runs at just under a thousand feet vertical in terrific (albeit a bit dense) powder. Also mixed in an exploratory run a little further north that was a little under fifteen hundred and relatively low angle. The powder turns seemed endless. We had a great day characterized by powder and a skin track that blew in every run making for tired legs.

Monday (Presidents day holiday)

Met up with Jon, Blake, and Jess for a late start day in the front country. I knew I would be slowing this group down and expected it but was embarrassingly vocal about my struggling pace. Lets just say I mentioned a few excuses. Regardless, a terrific day! Seven thousand feet and some change, perfect burn trees and great powder. The wind was blowing, snow snowing and stoke high. I would have loved to ski another run but it seemed that my legs were toast. We returned to the car with plenty of daylight left. Car to car in about six hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment