Monday, August 26, 2013

Friday 8/23/13

First time over Skalkaho. I wonder if the pass is groomed all the way across in winter. Camped in Sand Basin with Adri, Dave and Robin. Awesome.

Saturday 

Gem Mountain and hike to Fuse lake with the same crew from camping Friday night. Searching for Gems is a blast! We were successful and found some beautiful Sapphires. 

After hiking, Adrienne and I drove to Pipestone to camp.

Sunday 

ATV land is not very inviting to folks used to quiet and solitude. Fun all the same. I led five crack routes 6,8,7,8,8. The last one was a bit of a sandbag in my opinion. I am improving with gear placements. The first four routes went flawlessly. The final 8, "Shoulder Crack" went OK. I was a little stressed and placed enough gear for 70 ft in 40.  The result was lack of fluid climbing. 

Adri climbed well as usual. Though perfect hands for me equals awkward and difficult for Adri.

While Climbing we met Kevin and Jenni of Butte. Kevin was an engineer for the power company and Jenni was a Ortho PA. They were very friendly. Considering the occupational and recreational coincidence I bet we cross paths again.

Weekend Summary

Another amazing weekend facilitated by the desire to do something new,  to learn new skills, and a diesel Jetta which consumed only $20 in fuel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment